Copper and hydraulic roofs
The UBC group of companies includes the “Safe Roof Centre” brand and we understand roof building better than anyone else. We not only build, but also reconstruct and restore roofs. We reconstructed many historic buildings in Kiev, and even engaged in reconstruction on the territory of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.
We offer our customers to make copper roofs and hydraulic roofs. The copper roof is an elite roof. It stands out from the modern roofs, looks noble and has its own classic style. Advantages of a copper roof:
- Long service life. It will reliably protect the house 100 or even 200 years.
- May be of different shapes. Copper is soft and you can cut out any desired shape from it, so the copper coating can be original and unique. Suitable for roofs with complex shapes.
- Does not corrode. The roof is moisture resistant, corrosion is not terrible.
- Easy to repair. To repair a copper roof, it is not necessary to dismantle it.
When oxidizing with oxygen, the copper roof does not deteriorate, but changes shade. These types of copper are used in roofing:
- It has a bright luster and a beautiful reddish-golden hue.
- Copper with an oxide film brown. Under natural conditions, this colour is formed after about 10 years of use of classical copper.
- It has a greenish tint. Under natural conditions, this colour will appear after 20 years of use of the roof with classic copper.
Copper can be used to create various roofs:
А) Tiled roofs. The coating consists of individual particles laid overlap with the formation of a fancy pattern:
– Checker. The roof is made of square-shaped shards located diagonally. On shards there are locks that provide waterproofing.
– Scale. Shards have an oblong shape with one rounded end. Shards are made so that at the end to get the effect of “fish scales”.
Б) Seam roofs. It is made of roofing paintings, which are connected with a fold-lock kinds:
– With single lock.
– With double lock.
The copper roof reliably protects from moisture penetration, but it may also require additional waterproofing, for example, from condensate or in places where it adjoins the walls, the removal of pipes. And if you choose a different, cheaper, roof covering material, then you definitely need waterproofing.
It is necessary to choose a waterproofing, being guided by type of your roof: flat or cattle.
Types of waterproofing flat roofs:
- Surfacing. It overlaps and then melts with the help of burners. Modern rolled coatings are made on the basis of durable synthetic non-woven materials; only modified bitumen or artificial rubber are used as a protective layer. The top layer is protected from mechanical damage by stone chips of various fractions.
- Spraying. Using special equipment sprayed on the roof. After hardening, it forms a continuous, waterproof membrane resistant to mechanical stress. Not afraid of hard ultraviolet radiation, maintains elasticity at sub-zero temperatures.
- Coating. It is applied not only on flat, but also on sloping roofs. May be bitumen-polymer or bitumen, used in cold or heated form. Resistant to negative environmental influences, creates a resistant coating. Due to the elasticity compensates for the linear expansion of flat roofs, can be used for waterproofing various joints.
Types of pitched roof waterproofing:
- Roll. It is used extremely rarely and mainly for the arrangement of roofs on outbuildings or industrial buildings. The only advantage is low cost.
- Membrane. Modern, high quality, reliable and durable. Membrane material can be ordinary or complex, let in steam, but retain water. May have multiple layers, eliminates condensation.
- Perforated. In addition to excellent waterproofing performance, it suppresses noise, it is important when using metal roofing or profiled sheets as a roofing material. Retains water but skip steam.
- Film. Plastic films are cheap and reliable materials for waterproofing, but they do not allow air and react negatively to UV rays.
Do you have any questions? Call the site or leave an online message, and our experts will help you choose the perfect coating and waterproofing for your roof.